I still don't have my act together away from home. It started Tuesday, when I'd planned to do what I regularly do before I go visit D, which means head home and sleep after work, until about 4pm, then pack it up and drive the two hours to the coast. But, I had a doctor's appointment at 8:30 that morning to recheck my iron levels, and D had a stomach bug, so I decided after the doctor appointment to call and check on him. He sounded TERRIBLE. As a nurse and a concerned girlfriend, I decided I'd better get there sooner, just in case a trip to the doctor that afternoon became necessary for him. I went home, slept for 1 hour on the couch, made coffee, packed, and hit the road. How I didn't forget to pack anything was a pure miracle.
What has ensued for the rest of the week is erratic eating patterns and lack of exercise. I've basically been taking care of my main squeeze (that sounded like something my mom would say) and doing nothing else. Tuesday I slept on the couch by D all afternoon, most of the evening, and then went straight to bed that night. I didn't really eat. Wednesday, D was supposed to work, and I'd planned on working out after my haircut and lunch with a friend (veggie quesadilla, mango peach salsa for dipping). D came home and lunch, and it all just flew out the window. Yesterday we had one meal at IHOP (garden scramble, made with eggbeaters and veggies). Then we just kinda snacked. My skinny jeans are fitting straight out of the dryer and I'm wearing a shirt that I didn't wear for most of last summer because it fit too tightly, so that's good. That's the kind of thing I look to for a gage of my success when I really haven't been tracking. Who even knows what the scale will say tomorrow.
I know I need to drink more water today and definitely need to have a conversation with D about how we can better coordinate meal planning when I am down for visits. Part of it is just my own fault- it's way too easy to throw it all out the window for a week. But it's also hard because he works such a crazy schedule and usually can only tell me one day out what he's working. If he works late, I'm on my own for dinner, but he might want to meet for "lunch", which is at 5pm for him. When he works a normal day, I could cook, but often don't have enough advanced notice to really plan like I need to. I hate to get all annoying on him, but I'm thinking of asking him to email me his schedule each month when he makes it.
We looked at more engagement rings yesterday and I fell in love, love, love with a ring that probably wasn't any one's engagement ring. It's an estate ring, and has a round diamond solitaire in the middle with sapphires around it in sort of a sunburst design (ok, that might make it sound ugly). The overall shape of the ring is round. It has a main diamond, sapphires around the diamond, a cool design of the white gold around that, some more little diamonds, and then diamonds on the band. It was probably meant to be a cocktail ring, but I heart originality. Of course D will not say if he is going to buy that exact ring, and even asked yesterday if it was "engagementy" enough for me. He keeps saying that I'm giving him ideas, and he may just come up with something on his own based on what all I've fell in love with. That's cool. He definitely gets that I want something out of the box. (A jewelry box. Har har.)
I'm off to see another friend and potentially meet D for "lunch". And by his lunch, I mean my dinner. Just 4 hours after I finished lunch. I dunno. I'd like to get in a treadmill run tonight and sure will appreciate it when I have my OWN treadmill. Maybe I should start looking for one at one of those used gym equipment stores, or Craigslist....
No comments:
Post a Comment