I know I already posted today, but some things cannot wait. If I wait until tomorrow's post, I'll surely forget the magic of my workout today.
So, I have a weird hip muscle (at least I think it's muscle, I've had bursitis before and this is not nearly as painful) strain for a while now. Ever since I started treadmill running again back in July, it's kind of hurt off and on. It seems as if repetitive motion of any kind, but particularly on machines like the elliptical and the treadmill make it flare up. It doesn't ache after a workout, it just is sort of "there". Anyway, I decided since I did an hour on the elliptical yesterday evening, that I'd better "break it up" today, so that the repetitiveness wouldn't cause major damage. In other words, I don't want to to overdo it. I know I can get pretty zealous with working out whenever I get into the groove, and I don't want to injure myself and cause any kind of major setback.
I dug up my heart rate monitor so I could accurately track my calories burned and this is the workout I did:
5 minutes stairclimbing and walking the track at a quick pace to warm up
2-3 minutes stretching
10 minutes jogging on the treadmill @ 4.0 (my HR was in the 160's-170's at this pace, so even though I could have ran faster, I didn't want my HR any higher)
10 minutes lifting weights- each time I'd do 3 sets on an arm machine, 3 sets for core, 3 sets for legs
10 minutes jogging @ 4.0
10 minutes weights
10 minutes alternating 3.8, 4.2, 3.8, 4.4, 3.8, 4.6, 3.8, 4.8, 3.8, 5.0
5 minute cool down 3.5-3.0
5 minute stretch
Total: 68ish minutes, 749 calories burned!
And the calories are probably more b/c I'm pretty sure the body weight is wrong on my monitor, and I couldn't remember how to adjust it. Intervals really burn mega calories! I got a fantastic workout, I didn't overdo it, and I feel fabulous!!
Now, onto that house-cleaning.....(ugggggggh!) At least I feel energetic!
No comments:
Post a Comment