Thursday, June 25, 2009

Falling For Less Than Desirable Food

I don't know what happened yesterday. All of a sudden, I was browsing inside World Market and the desire to drink champagne and make pasta overwhelmed me. Then my mouth was watering while looking at the special chocolate bricks that are to be paired with different red wines. Then I hit the candy aisle. I don't know if it was one of those moments where I was just really feeling the pain of not being able to eat whatever I wanted, or what.

I did manage to escape World Market without buying anything. Then I went to the grocery store like a good girl and got some mushrooms to make some pasta. Then as soon as I walked in the door, before I could even catch my breath, I was ordering Domino's pizza online. I got the thin crust- and, if you've ever had it, it's kind of like pizza on a cracker. And I did ask for light sauce and cheese and just veggies. So, you see, it's not like I went crazy, but, I also ordered cinnastix (which were disgusting, by the way). The pizza probably was within my points range, actually. Cinnastix, not so much I'm sure. Anyway, what boggles MY mind, is that I should have just spend the $20 in World Market. A bottle of champagne and some gourmet pasta sauce sounds so much more optimal than a shitty old Domino's pizza.

And, the scale is up this morning. What did I expect? And now it's damage control time. I do this a lot. It's like I get some pleasure out of just scraping by each week at weigh in time. Anyway, that's all the analyzing I'm going to do. Whenever I think over it too much, I give myself a major hard time. And this leads me to throw in the towel for the week, which restarts the very frustrating cycle of "starting over" and vowing to be perfect the next week, only to disappoint myself. I'm just going to pretend to have amnesia about it.

Next time I'll get that champagne...

No comments: