Friday, April 10, 2009

This Week is in the Shitter.

There, I said it.

I had what I thought were mild shin splints, or possibly just sore shins last night pre-run. And of course yesterday my running training was amped up where I'm finally running more than walking and WTF happens? I could barely freaking walk once my run is done. Going down the two huge flights of stairs to my locker and then back up and out to my car nearly killed me. I came home, popped 4 Advil and took a hot bath. I feel better today, but for obvious reasons I'm taking the day off. (Even though it kills me.)

To boot, I popped on the scale to see a one pound increase from last week's MAINTAIN. I have 24 hours to change that number, and honestly the best I can hope for is probably just to maintain again this week.

On the good news front, my mom should be here any minute to visit with me until I go to work tomorrow night. I anticipate some retail therapy and a dinner at one of our favorite spots will help me more than anything right now. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom. :)

No comments: