Thursday, May 14, 2009

Loose Jeans and Other Things

First of all, I passed my Dysrhythmia test, and I'm actually finding that when you understand the cardiac system enough to decipher those heart rhythms, it's actually kind of fun. Fear of the unknown had taken over, I guess. I celebrated passing my test with some purchases at Ann Taylor LOFT. I didn't get the blue dress with the southwestern pattern and the sweetheart neckline because, after trying it on a second time, I realized that it fit everywhere except the chest, and my boobs were just going to look ridiculous in it. Most likely if I had bought it, I would have never warn it because frankly, being that exposed makes me uncomfortable these days, which is new for me. Interesting.

I did get the tye-dyed looking cotton dress, but it looked so good in yellow with the brown tank I'd been wearing that day underneath it, that I made a last minute color change. I also got two other dresses, both cotton- one a tube top style, and the other made the same as the tye-dyed one, only it's an orange and white small flower print. Lovely! I think I'm all done with summer dresses, as I've added about 10 to my collection already! :) I love dresses!

In other news, I hurried to shower and get dressed and head down to D's house on Tuesday evening after I woke up from sleeping after work and hurriedly pulled on a pair of formerly tight jeans, that are now LOOSE! They have "stretch" in them, and after wearing them for just a couple hours, I could take them off without unbuttoning them or unzipping them! AWESOME!
I went ahead and ordered my swimsuit from Athleta.com, and was able to use a Banana Republic $10 rewards card, and get free shipping, so that rocked! Hopefully it will arrive in enough time to try it on and make sure it fits before we head off to vacation. I am sooooo pale white this year. I want to get a Mystic Tan before we leave, but I'm hoping I don't end up looking orange. I also hope I can get under 200 by the time we leave. Five pounds to go. Of course, true to form, I haven't counted points since I landed at D's house, but I'm doing it today, starting with a Southwest Chargrilled Salad from Chick Fil'A. Then I think he and I will probably have sushi for dinner and I'll try to cut myself off at that, and drink lots of water to get rid of the soy sauce bloat. Yesterday I had steamed scallops for lunch and a veggie quesadilla (mushrooms, spinach, roasted red peppers and monterey jack) for dinner. Not a terrible day by any means, but I definitely didn't track, and I didn't work out. Planning on doing both of those things today, and hoping for a run. I got shin splints again last Saturday when I tried to run. I think I may have to just spend a few weeks training at Week 4 of C25K, because I had no problems at all until I started running for over half the time in Week 5. This is frustrating, but obviously I'm not conditioned enough to run for that long without pain, so I'll have to take a step back. This is annoying, but I think it will get easier if I keep training and as long as the weight keeps coming off. I've never tried running at 200+ pounds, so I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

D and I looked at a few houses yesterday together, and it's totally got me wanting to move here already. I'm ready for summer to be over so I can get down here! Also, I will need my house to sell or we can't do squat. I'm worried about this. But, only time will tell.

I want a pedi, a mystic tan, new hair products and some shoes, but I'm broke until next Friday. Booo!

No comments: