Saturday, October 3, 2009

Well That Wasn't What I Expected!

I was up bright and early this morning for my Weight Watchers meeting. Normally I go to the 11am meeting, but I needed to switch it up and go to the 9:30 meeting this morning, as I had a baby shower brunch to attend at 11. I had to wear a dress, which was probably a smidge heavier than my normal shorts/t-shirt combo that I sport to the meetings, but I made a conscious effort to wear a light cotton dress, with a cardigan over it that I could remove before stepping on the scale. I put my jewelry into my wallet to put on once I sat down in the meeting. I was so excited for this weigh-in. I had a good week and I felt uber-confident coming off a talk last night with Dave about him being willing to do/eat whatever I wanted in order for me to have success on the program. I didn't scale peek all week. I was sure I'd see a huge loss. So, I step up to the desk and my WW Leader is the one weighing me in. First she goes, "Whoa", so I'm thinking she's just about to tell me about my huge loss. Then she explains that the computer/scale is taking longer than usual to calculate. Then she lays it on me. I lost a measly, stinkin', crappy, 0.4 pounds. W.T.F.??

WHERE is my big loss? My leader asked me if I had a good week, and all I could muster out was, "Um, pretty good." To which she said, "just pretty good?", but I just wasn't into talking it out right at that moment. And then I didn't talk for the whole meeting.

Week in Review
There have been many a first day of my new week OP where I blow through all or most of my WPA as sort of a free day. I didn't do that this week. I spent 11 WPA on Saturday night, maybe 14 or so on Sunday, and then the rest on an evening out on Wednesday night where there was wine consumed and a few snacks. Overall, I did a way better job of spreading them out throughout the week. My only guess is that I maybe guesstimated too low on some of the points of things. Also, I'm going to go ahead an make it a general rule for myself that I need to stop after two drinks whenever I decide to have wine or beer or what have you. You see, that ravenous feeling that I used to get after a night on the town, downing 7,8, 10 drinks- you know the ones, spurring an impromptu trip to McDonalds at 2am, or even worse, coming home and eating whatever is in the fridge, sometimes not even something appetizing- THAT happens to me now after three drinks. Yes folks, I'm a lightweight. And I think it negatively affects me in terms of eating bad-for-you foods and maybe underestimating exactly how much I've consumed. After all, if you've had too many to be able to drive, you probably aren't so great at counting points a that time period either.

I haven't joined a gym here yet, so I've just been walking. I did a walk on the beach, several dog walks, and a walk through a nearby park, which I thought was plenty, but in hindsight, I know that when I'm with the dog, I don't travel as fast as I would if I were alone, so I probably need to add more exercise to the dog-walking portion of my day, and ditch the dog for a bit. I can afford to do this in the upcoming week, because I'm still off work. I'm going to try to make it to the gym at our apartments during this time as well as walking the dog. The weather is too good not to take him out, and I know he loves it. I just need to step it up a bit.

Ah well, I'm determined to do better this week. I'm about to dig into some of my cookbooks and create a meal plan for this week. I never stick to them exactly, but it's helpful in planning ahead. I use an excel spreadsheet, and, based on whatever I have going on that week, I plan my breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and any activity I plan on getting for the week. I probably only stick to it 75% of the time, and I've learned to let myself be okay with that (the natural planner in me has a hard time not going by the agenda sometimes), but it's very helpful. Especially when you have those days where you're too tired to think about it- it's already planned out, and if I'm really on my "A game", I've already bought the groceries!


UPDATE:

OMG, duh! I never adjusted my points for the fact that I've been NOT working, sitting on my arse for the past two weeks. Duh, duh, duh! See, I count my work activity as " occasionally sitting, but mainly standing", and I didn't adjust for that during this, the second of my three weeks off. So, I've adjusted down by 2 points for this week and expect to see a hella big difference come next Saturday. What-what?! Woot! I'm a damn genious!

No comments: