Thursday, October 1, 2009

24 Days...

...left of my twenties.

And you know what? I'm pretty okay with it. Had you asked me how I felt about turning thirty when I was 24 or 25, I would have freaked out, lost it, gone into a tailspin just talking about it. That's because I wasn't happy with my life then. I grew up thinking that if you hadn't found the man of your dreams by the time you'd graduated from college then you'd failed. Bwa ha ha! If I had married the "man of my dreams" at that age I'd probably be in jail. True story.

I don't have very much else to say today. It's the middle of my Weight Watcher week and I'm pretty on track, I think. I had a couple nights where I went a little overboard, but continuing to jot everything down in my 3 Month Journal has been really helpful. I haven't gotten enough water, so I'm working on that tonight. I've just been walking this week as my main form of exercise. The weather here has been amazing this week and I just felt like being outside to celebrate the beginning of my favorite month! I've taken Brodie, my fiance's sheltie out with me each day. He needs to lose a couple pounds as well, so it's doing us both some good.

Saturday morning is going to be quite busy. I am going to have to go to the extreme early meeting, and I'm going to have to wear normal clothes instead of my usual shorts/t-shirt combo. A friend of mine here is having a baby shower, and one of my high school friends is going to be there. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen her since college, maybe even since high school graduation- so that will be really cool. She was a really great friend of mine during school. I am also looking forward to meeting some people from my new town who are close to me in age. Then I have to rush back home in time for Dave to leave for work. We are having Goodwill come and take Dave's couch and love seat and so someone will have to be home until they come and pick things up. THEN, I am very much looking forward to getting our guest bedroom here in the apartment all set up. At this point, my dresser is in the middle of our bedroom, my bed is all propped up against the wall, my underwear, bras and workout clothes are packed in a trunk. It's a mess. And I'm to the point where if I unpack something that's meant to go into that room, I'm just going to have to move it again, so I'm ready to get that room up and running.

I have all of next week to get everything in place and then I start work. The SAME week that Dave's parents are coming to visit. That wasn't originally how it was supposed to happen, but such is life. Dave was supposed to have eye surgery this week, and I was all set to be off work to take care of him and then his boss (who is a jerk, but will no longer be his boss as of next week(!)) made him rearrange his schedule and change his surgery date. So now he's going under the knife during my first week of work and his parents are coming for a visit and will (thankfully) be able to be with him during his surgery. Talk about a stressful week!

I'm off to the store to gather something to make for dinner. I just subscribed to Cooking Light and was pondering making either Green Curry Chicken or Mango Pork with Wild Rice Pilaf. I'm thinking that Cooking Light might be a little advanced for me. I do not own a food thermometer, or half of the things that the recipes call for, but perhaps it will give me an idea of what to register for...

No comments: