I'm telling you, the paper journal has really been a hit so far! Something about dragging to the computer to log everything I eat feels a lot like work. Could it be because when I'm actually at work, I spend tons of time documenting every move my patients make, and maybe I don't feel like doing that to myself 24 hours a day? Perhaps.
At any rate, I had forgotten how good it feels to have a finite example of my eating patterns right there on paper, to look at any time. Sure, I can print my online journals, but what a pain. I love my little compact journal that I can take anywhere. Problem is, I like it so much I tend to get carried away and write everything I *think* I will eat for the entire week, ignoring the fact that I almost never stick entirely to what I've planned. Thus, I write it all out in pencil so as not to ruin the entire thing. I'm trying out a new way of pre-planning what I'll eat and setting that up into my online journal, and I'll do that once a week so I have something to refer back to, and make my grocery list from. Knowing that I usually never stick to this plan entirely, I'll use my paper journal to actually write the stuff in, as it gets eaten. I hope it will prove to be less tedious and easy to ignore than the old way I was doing it.
I'm still struggling with this stinkin' cold, too. I feel hungover today from the nighttime cold medicine that I took last night (and the past 4 nights), and I know I'll be dragging tonight at work. It was all I could do today to get in a small workout, and, well, that's pretty much all I have done besides throw my scrubs in the wash. I'm going to force myself to pack my lunch and make some dinner and that's going to do it until work time. I always make these insane to-do lists, full of things that couldn't all possibly get done in one day, and then get all hard on myself when I don't complete it. I've seriously got to stop that!
Can I say that I'm excited for my meeting next Friday? Yup, I'm a Weight Watchers nerd. I hope to show a huge loss, and I'm really trying not to gobble up all my WPA and abuse them like I usually do. I know they are there to eat, and trust me when I say that I will never be one of those people who doesn't go near them, but I'm just trying to teach myself how to manage them in a better way, and not waste them on junk food. For instance tonight and tomorrow, I'm using a few, but it's just to extend my meals a little- add EVOO, maybe a slice of garlic bread. Not, say, drink a real Coke every night while at work and eat a snickers bar or two. That's the kind of shameful, binge-like behavior that makes you want to ignore points-counting altogether!
No comments:
Post a Comment