Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy to Report

I'm happy to report that I stayed "within the lines" at work this entire week. Yup, I am out of flex points, and I wished I had of had a week where I used only a scant few of them, but I'm still OP, and that's what counts in the end. I FEEL like I've lost weight, and I have two more days to be OP before weighing in, so I know I will see a loss.

I'm still figuring out how to deal with work. On the Weight Watchers online thingie, it adjusts your points up a little based on how physically demanding your job is. Well, I am sure I walk 5+ miles each night at work. But I do sit too, because of using the computer to chart and stuff. If I have a lot of total care patients, I may be turning bodies, hoisting them up in bed, helping them stand when they have to get out of bed, etc. Or, I could have a night with "normal people patients" and it's not actually to terribly physical, aside from all the running around we do. So, I hesitate to say that my job is the most physical there can be, according to Weight Watchers- but it's 1000 times harder than any desk job I've had. Also, there's the 3 day a week factor. Most people work 8-10 hours per day, five days a week. My 36 hours per week are packed into 3 12-hour days. So that's a little different too. I think I've decided that for this next week- I'll eat 27-29 points on days that I'm not working (plus some of my APs if necessary) and then on work nights, I'll crank my points up to 32 per day. Hopefully this will get me through the increase in hunger drive that seems to happen at work/right after work. I'll take the extra 3 points out of my flex points pool, and only go over on my daily target when I have some APs to spare. I'll give this a try. I think the change-up will keep my metabolism guessing, and will hopefully result in some big losses.

I'm very excited to weigh in on Friday. I'll have to look, but I think I said I'd measure myself on this day too. I'm not sure I've lost a ton of inches, but it's always helpful to have this information later down the road for comparison's sake.

Well, off to drum up something to eat for breakfast. I don't really keep a ton of breakfast foods in the house because of my weird schedule. I guess I'll have toast and some applesauce, along with some coffee. Ohhh, maybe PB toast! Yum! I'm making tuna salad for lunch that I'll probably have in a pita with some spinach. I have to work an extra shift tonight from 7pm-11pm, so I'm going to need to pack some kind of snack for the 11pm hour when I'm headed home- so that I don't come home and devour my pantry and fridge contents. I'm thinking an apple and some string cheese. That has been really satisfying lately.

I'm planning on hitting the gym for some cardio and weights here in a little while and then back here to get ready for work. I really wish they didn't need me, but our hospital is applying for Magnet status and the surveyor people are here all week, so I'm sure they are making the hospital look like it's always fantastically staffed. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at all the fluffing and buffing that went on the night before the surveyors arrived. We were all supposed to greet them at the front entrance of the hospital at 7:30am, something I stayed over for- only to learn they really wouldn't be there until about 8:30. As I was leaving the parking deck, the "magnet coordinator" was pulling in at, ohhhhh, 7:39 0r s0. This lady is a pushy, arrogant, Gestapo-type. I can't help but say I got a little pleasure out of the fact that she was running late and no doubt a nervous wreck. I can say that because she doesn't have the stresses of a "real" nurse job. Plus I'm a little bothered that types like her get "asked to leave" their old jobs, only to be offered these could-be-cool, creative-type jobs. In other words, I am jealous of her cake job!

Off to eat breakfast and tidy up a bit! Today is going to be a good, healthy and satisfying day. I just know it.

No comments: