Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's Totes Gonna Be Okay

Well, my first week of a "normal" 9-5 gig totally kicked my butt. I mean totally. I slept great, which I was worried about, coming off night shift and all, but man oh man am I tired! It's amazing how mentally draining and exhausting staring at a computer screen can be. The first week or two of my job consists of reading and taking tests on the hundreds of policies I'm required to know for the industry. Then, our clients have the choice of using our policies, or their own, and yup, if they choose their own, we have to read and take tests on those too. What do you know, my first client has chosen to use their own policies, so once I get done with the mountain of company policies, I get to trudge through my new client's policies too.

I quickly learned that I'm going to be needing my glasses at work. At the hospital, I really didn't notice a big difference when I didn't use them, but on Wednesday, I got a splitting headache. One that was so bad that I was nauseous. One so bad that my trainer told me after our workout that I should SKIP cardio and go home shower and get in bed. I also learned that I need to pack better food for work. I thought with the size of my building that there might be a cafeteria, but there isn't. Financially, that is probably for the best. But this week I didn't really plan very well. I didn't give myself enough protein and didn't plan for good afternoon snacks. The result was me coming home, being famished, and overdoing it. The end result? A 1.4 pound gain this week.

But here is the victory within it all. I STILL WENT to my meeting! I woke up this morning, weighed myself, noted that I would be having a gain, but I still went to my meeting!! And you know what? I didn't die, or get chastised, or kicked out, or anything! I think this is seriously maybe only the second or third time I've done this, and I'm very proud. It's all about the lifestyle change. That being said, I'm totally coming up with a better game plan for next week. I've gone way too long without getting my 5 pound star and I WANT IT! In fact, I want to issue a personal challenge to myself to have a big "first week" loss this week. I think I can do it because when you think about it, I have totally flipped my life! Once I get the points balance right for my workdays, I will be golden! I really find that I'm not as hungry at my new job as I find myself at the hospital. Probably because I'm not running my ass off! I admit, it's kind of nice!

We talked about "rolling the dice" at my meeting this week, and I admit, I've been doing a lot of that. You know, doing well all day, and then just kind of going for whatever at dinner, and just rolling the dice on whatever the points would be. In fact, if you look at my points tracker for this week, it's only filled out through lunch most days. That's when I kind of went nuts. I also visited the Cranberry Raisinets again this week. I went ahead and tallied up the points for the entire bag, because I pretty much eat the entire thing within a few hours of getting my hands on it. 18 points. Yikes. That's for 4 servings, but dzayum they are good! I wish they made them in small boxes, or fun size or something. The big bags can no longer enter my possession. Serious.

Okay, I'm exhausted. I hope to post more this week, assuming I start to get in the groove. I feel bad because we have plans for tomorrow and I don't feel like I'm really going to get all that much done around the house. I'm soooo tired. All I want is a nap right now, but what I really need is to tidy up the house. Decisions, decisions!

No comments: