I took Nyquil last night while catching up on Biggest Loser and Dave couldn't even get me to wake up to go to bed when he did. He said I'd been having such a hard time getting comfortable, he didn't think I would like him very much if he woke me out of my coma. It was fine that way. I wouldn't have wanted to be in the bed coughing my germs all over him anyway. My backup plan was to sleep in the guest room last night but I never made it there. Today my throat hurts less, but I have tons of phlegm and snot and my head hurts and I feel weak. I did manage to get out of the house for about an hour today. I checked out a local "pottery" store that sells florals, craft items, vases, various decor stuff, etc. and I found the first part of my handmade birdcage veil that I am working on for my wedding. I found a clip-on christmas ornament that is going to be the fascinator hairpiece for my wedding. Below is a pic- I plan on removing the center beads, replacing the center beads with something more vintage-y. My colors are teal and brown, so this will go nicely, I think. I'll be sure to post the finished product soon!
Next, I headed over to what will soon replace my longing for Trader Joe's: Tidal Creek! It is a food co-op that supports local farmers. It was smaller than Trader Joe's, with maybe more of a Whole Foods feel, but right off the bat I noticed they carried the little blocks of marinated tofu that I used to covet from TJ's. I picked up some fresh herbs and goat's cheese for a recipe that I'm going to attempt to make tomorrow, plus an individual sized packet of almond butter for a work-time snack. I didn't plan on spending a ton of money, and I felt like crap, so it wasn't the best trip, but I definitely plan on going back when I have more time and feel like browsing!
Finally, I'm going back to my meetings tomorrow. I have to work the weekend at the hospital, so I'll be hitting up a Friday meeting. Looking forward to trying a new leader. My clothes are fitting okay enough, but I haven't been tracking this week, and the being sick thing has thrown me for a loop. My ring is tight on my finger, so I know I'm retaining major water. Whatever the number is, this meeting will be more symbolic of my re-commitment to Weight Watchers. I'm boldly stating here on this blog that I WILL plan ahead for my lunches the night before heading to work over the weekend, and I'll skip the cafeteria. I'll also come up with an idea of what to have for dinner on work nights so that it's all laid out. When I work 7am-7pm, which I'm doing now for training purposes, I just find it very hard to stay on track without doing a little planning. Next Wednesday night will be my first night shift, so that will require planning as well. I'm very much looking forward to no longer having to force myself to go to bed by 9 or 10pm only to look at the clock every hour until 5am. I do not rest well working day shift at the hospital. The opposite problem of most people.
Next weekend, I'll be heading to Cincy to see my maid of honor. Two of my other girlfriends are traveling with me and one is also doing Weight Watchers. I'm going to email her soon about my plans to totally stay on track while in Ohio. It has to be done. I'm tired of feeling guilty because of lack of planning. When I get back home I'm going to join a gym here. I'm still debating on the all-women's gym 5 minutes from my house, or Gold's which I think offers better classes and is open later. But, ugh, it's Gold's. The YMCA here is out because there is only one, and it's clear across town. That just means I'd never go. I have to be realistic.
No comments:
Post a Comment