Actually, I used Mr. Bubbles.
But anyway, I tried the bath trick after work and it really, truly helped. First I had to walk the dog, which I truly had planned on giving him a good 20 minute romp around the 'hood, but it was pouring rain and neither he nor I were very interested. So, after he was taken care of, I picked out a new book (Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult, if you're interested in knowing), poured in good ol' Mr. Bubbles (man that stuff takes me back!) and read until my eyelids were just little slits. I didn't eat, I got to do my Aveda Tourmaline Radiance Mask and soak my achy, stressed back. Also, I got in a little more water while I soaked. I slept like a baby (but really had to pee when I woke up, thanks to that extra bottle of water), and felt amazing.
I'm the type of gal who usually scoffs at magazines that say, "Pamper yourself, do something girly like paint your nails or take a bath to avoid emotional eating". HOWEVER- when it comes to stress and my job, this seems to be a really good fit. I take a lot of my work home with me in the emotional sense. Dealing with sick cancer patients is not exactly uplifting, so it makes sense to do something that relieves the stress that can take the place of emotional/stress eating when I get home from work. I'm so glad my mom mentioned it! It was a total "duh" moment for me too, because how much do I LURRRVE baths and it just never crossed my mind to take one after work. I'm a tool.
That being said, if I show a loss this Friday, I've decided that my reward will be to spend a few bucks at Lush. They have the most incredible bath bombs. I haven't had any in forever, mainly because we only just got a Lush retail store in my area within the last 6 months or so. Otherwise I would have had to order it online, and I'd just rather buy something local. I'm super psyched and only hope that I can control myself once I get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment