Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas: Take Two!

I just returned from New York yesterday, from a 4-day visit to my fiance's parents house. This was our delayed Christmas celebration, as his brother and sister-in-law were in Canada for Christmas, and we were in North Carolina with my parents. Okay, so I knew there would be presents, and food, but somehow ignored the fact that this would be FOR REAL Christmas all over again. The tree was up, the lights were on outside the house, the candy and cookies and all of that other Christmas CRAP was there in my face all over again. And I ate it. With abandon. And the scale says 216.0 this morning. I am not proud, but I am not going to berate myself. I have an appointment with my personal trainer this afternoon and I've planned my food for the entire week. I'll be grocery shopping a little later today and all will be right in my Weight Watchers world.

I've decided to do WW Online because I've accepted the fact that getting to meetings consistently is next to impossible with my crazy work life. And that is okay. I'm at peace with it. I'm going to request that my mom forward me her old Weight Watchers Weekly handouts, and have her keep me abreast as to what is going on at the meetings. She made lifetime a few weeks ago and was asked if she'd be interested in becoming a leader. She is considering it, and I really hope she will do it- not only for selfish reasons, but I know it will increase her success rate tremendously.

I have been having feelings of extreme disorganization in all aspects of my life lately. Call me crazy, but I think a lot of these feelings go hand in hand to how I've been feeling about food lately. I toyed with the idea of quitting Weight Watchers, but I really just felt out of control and unhealthy during my "time off". The truth is, I like the feeling of accomplishment that I get when I finish a day sticking to my plan. I know that there will be bumps in the road, but a LOT of my "bumps" were due to my own being selfish and childish and stubborn about changing my lifestyle. I'm committing to re-examining my approach to Weight Watchers and changing my mindset about how I choose to spend my points.

Very fortunately, I am off work today. I'm using this day to get organized and get back on track. I just finished a WONDERFUL, sinful breakfast as well. I sliced an apple, sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkled with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar, and then topped with already prepared Weight Control Maple Brown Sugar oatmeal. I baked at 350 for 30 minutes an then let it sit for about 10 minutes. The result? A wonderful "apple cobbler" taste for 5 points! And it was HUGE! Obviously this isn't something I'd have time to make every day, not to mention I don't always crave sweet breakfasts, but I will definitely file it away for when I want a lot of volume in my breakfast. Now I've checked off a fruit serving and a serving of whole grains for the day!

No comments: